Sun, Mar-09-2008 until Mon, Apr-09-2018
Dr. Evil Returns
Join Date: Jul 2003
Updated Marketplace Rules for Members
Review the following rules before you post a for sale thread on our forums.
- Please note, there are two subsections reserved for the selling of parts related to the E36 / E30 and E9x generations of the M3. Use these sections to sell and look for parts and accessories for theses generations.
- The For Sale section is a place to sell BMW's and their related parts and accessories only. Please refrain from posting for sale anything not BMW related; if you do not, the thread will be deleted and you may receive an infraction up to and including permanent restriction from this site.
- Furthermore, we ask members to sell BMW related products that came off their personal car(s) or were originally purchased for their personal car(s).
- Items that were originally purchased (new items) for your car(s) must be in your possession and you may not sell more than one new item in the marketplace at a time. There will be absolutely no multiple threads listing new items by any one member.
- Listing products found for sale on eBay is not allowed, unless you personally own the item.
- Due to an ever increasing volume of spammers, scammers and non-sponsor commercial sellers the forum has been forced to implement a minimum post count policy for all members in the marketplace.
Any member that is found to be in violation of this policy will have their threads removed and continued violation may result in your account being restricted.
- This policy requires all members to have a minimum of 150 posts or one year of membership in good standing before being eligible to list items for sale in the marketplace. However, the post count limit does not apply to car listings. We have decided to allow members with a one year or longer member ship to list cars for sale.
- This also includes WTT (Want to Trade) and WTB (Want to Buy) threads.
- Any member who has violated the For Section rules and has received an infraction for doing so, will not be allowed to post For Sale threads until their violation expires. Please understand this policy has been implemented to protect our members and to help insure a healthy and equitable marketplace. This rule is different for listing cars for sale; to be eligible to sell a car in the Marketplace we require you to have been a member for a minimum of six month, but there is no minimum post count requirement.
- We are not an auction site; if you are going to list an item for sale please include a price. We are not an auction house. Failure to list a price may result in removal of your thread.
- It is not necessary to bump your thread more than once a day, nor is it necessary to bump someone else's thread. If a thread has been dead for more than a few months please do not post in it, send a PM to the original poster to inquire if the item is still for sale.
- Please do not ruin someone else's for sale thread by posting about their price. It is up to the buyers and sellers to decide what is a fair price for the item. Posting that an item is overpriced or that it can be purchased elsewhere for less will result in an infraction.
- Please do not attempt to sell any bootleg/pirated or illegal items on this forum. This will result in the immediate restriction of your account.
- M3forum will not be held responsible/liable for any transactions that have transpired. Any and all transactions you make using our forum as a medium is between you and the seller/buyer. Henceforth, you and the buyer assume all risk and responsibility for your transactions. We suggest using your credit card through Paypal or an escrow service which can help to provide recourse from a transaction gone wrong. We as a forum cannot help you get your money or merchandise back if a deal goes sour, so please use your brain before your wallet.
- M3forum does not promote or endorse any products that are listed in the for sale section.
- When listing an item for sale, please include as much information as possible. Things that are often missing from for sale thread include: location of the item (even just what state the item is in helps), pictures of the item, and whether shipping is included in the price.
- The Administrators and Moderators of M3forum may at their discretion remove any sale item they deem to be questionable or in violation of the marketplace rules.
- Any member found to be in violation the rules or the spirit of the rules is subject to restriction and or banning.
- If you are found to be posting in the marketplace using surrogates or aliases you will be banned immediately.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter.