BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Fri, Nov-05-2010, 09:47:40 PM   #51
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whoore

Philippines

perhaps there's a reason why jlevi is no longer a sponsor here

Tischer aka GetBmwParts
Jump to top daytonaviolet is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Nov-05-2010, 10:21:00 PM   #52
GR///M3

Greece

it's better they deal with the crowd from e46f ... i'm done with them ...
Old Fri, Nov-05-2010, 10:28:08 PM   #53
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whoore

Philippines

if jlevi still has the diffuser.. i wouldnt mind looking at the fitment issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR///M3 View Post
update ...

so aside from a heated email discussion with jlevi, i am ticked off. i made them send it back to vorsteiner for inspection so that they can verify the state of the product and possibly reduce the 25% to 15%.o

Tischer aka GetBmwParts
Old Fri, Nov-05-2010, 10:48:10 PM   #54
GR///M3

Greece

they sent it to vorsteiner
Old Fri, Nov-05-2010, 11:29:49 PM   #55
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whoore

Philippines

Quote:
they sent it to vorsteiner
ohh well.. im like 5min from jlevi. i would of liked to see the fitment issues with this item. then i could of fed back that info to vorsteiner

Tischer aka GetBmwParts
Old Sat, Nov-06-2010, 02:25:28 AM   #56
e popa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
I bought my Vorsteiner VCSL bumper, CSL bootlid, and GTR hood in February of this year. I bought Vorsteiner over the competitors because everyone on this forum raved about how good their fitment was. I must admit that the bumper and bootlid fit perfect but the hood fits like crap. Where it meets the fenders it's a good 1/4" high and has been adjusted as low as possible. It's noticable to even the untrained eye. I think with aftermarket parts it's just the luck of the draw.
You can make it fit by cutting the hood down where it meets the fender. I did that when I fit a stock m3 hood on my supercharged 323ci. I made that fit about 99% correct you just cant get it to fit perfect by the lights.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=350838
here was when I first did it

Last edited by e popa; Sat, Nov-06-2010 at 02:40:16 AM.
Jump to top e popa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Nov-06-2010, 02:43:25 AM   #57
GR///M3

Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by e popa View Post
You can make it fit by cutting the hood down where it meets the fender. I did that when I fit a stock m3 hood on my supercharged 323ci. I made that jif about 99% correct you just cant get it to fit perfect by the lights.
you shouldn't have to modify aftermarket parts that come with the premium cost that vorsteiner parts do ... the point of this thread. i was not willing to pay the body shop to bodywork the diffuser such that i matches an OEM fitment. just not worth it.

been down the modding/aftermarket road before and spent quite a bit of money to get stuff done right. after i bought my M3, realized that i'll never get back all that money i spent and it wasn't really worth it to begin with. life's a lot simpler when you accept what you have for what it is ... hence the phrase:

"buy the car you want. keep it nice and clean. leave it the f--- alone."
Old Sat, Nov-06-2010, 03:00:06 AM   #58
e popa

believe me I agree ,I was just trying to help him out ,you can always make things work . I do it everyday maybe thats why it doesnt bother me as much when things dont fit perfect without right out of the box.I have always been down the modding road and everytime I go down it I say never again and get something new and down the road I go. I figure you dont live forever and yopu cant take it with you so make everything you have yours and however you like it as long as it makes you happy.
Old Sat, Nov-06-2010, 06:25:30 AM   #59
MPOWERD
Mod Hound!

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
update ...

after jlevi recieves the diffuser they classify it as used. then tell me they will take 25% off the top of what it cost me. this is less the [B]120 $[B] i paid for shipping ...

so aside from a heated email discussion with jlevi, i am ticked off. i made them send it back to vorsteiner for inspection so that they can verify the state of the product and possibly reduce the 25% to 15%.o

still not rite in my book, they wont give me back money but rather issue me store credit, which i care not for because they dont have anything id really need or want except for the scanner they sell.

when this is ironed out ill want money, not store credit. id be willing to sell my store credit to anyone interested at a lower price, if anyone wants to get something from them.

ill either have a credit of 439 or 387. willing to sell for 25 $ less (414 or 362). pm me if interested. i am reputable and can prove via itrader reps and ebay userid lookup.
If you paid via your creditcard you dont have to accept this BS...

You can simply dispute the original charge. You have between 6 months and a year to do so. And since you already returned the piece to them (with proof of delivery since it was UPS) you can get a full refund from your CC company and JLevi will not have a choice, they will have to accept the chargeback and refund your cc company 100%...

People often forget they have such recourse against companies when buying with their creditcards.

Plus you will get back your original shipping costs as well if it was all charged at the same time on the same card...

<> CSL Carbon Fiber Intake w/MAF, Brembo Gran Turismo, Euro Headers & Cats, K&N 69, Radenergie Carbon Fiber Strutbar
<> EAS Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills, Carbon Fiber Fender Grills, SMG Carbon Fiber Paddles, Vorsteiner 2 Sided CF VCSL Boot
<> EAS Slvr Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, Blk Carbon Fiber SMG Dome, Carbon Fiber Console, & Blk/Slvr Steering Wheel Trim
<> EAS Carbon Fiber Engine Bay, Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Valve Cover, RPI Intake Scoops, CarPC w/Nav/MP3/HD Radio/TV
<> Eisenmann Race Exhaust, Supersprint X-Pipe with Resonator, Ekarbon 1/2 Carbon Fiber Diffuser, DEPO Smoked Corners
<> 19x8.5 19x9.5 VMR V710s in HyperSilver, Painted Corner Reflectors, EAS Carbon Fiber Emblems, Carbon Fiber Hood Vent
<> Slvr CF Pedals, OEM 2-Tone Hardtop, Windscreen, & Alarm, 6K Headlights & HID Fogs, Blk Carbon Fiber Headlight Trim

Last edited by MPOWERD; Sat, Nov-06-2010 at 06:28:52 AM.
Jump to top MPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Nov-06-2010, 03:12:33 PM   #60
GR///M3

Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_Modness View Post
If you paid via your creditcard you dont have to accept this BS...

You can simply dispute the original charge. You have between 6 months and a year to do so. And since you already returned the piece to them (with proof of delivery since it was UPS) you can get a full refund from your CC company and JLevi will not have a choice, they will have to accept the chargeback and refund your cc company 100%...

People often forget they have such recourse against companies when buying with their creditcards.

Plus you will get back your original shipping costs as well if it was all charged at the same time on the same card...
i use discover card for all of my CC transactions. discover is very good with everything, but they revert back to the merchant's policy, which in the case of jlevi is 30 days. it's been 11 months now ....

so i'll take what i can get, prolly just buy the scanner and some accessories for the car and call it a day ...

the fact that they're trying to hit me with 25% off the top and the 120 i paid in shipping (complete LOSS ... mind you i paid $ 28 with UPS to ship it back), they made their money already, so i will probably not shop from them again. i really frown on merchants double-dipping customers .... because it's obvious no one will lose money on this except vorsteiner ...