BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All AlbumsBlogs Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sat, Jan-15-2011, 04:39:29 AM   #11
flow350
Banned

United States

Default Re: RPI Scoops, intake boot

Now you are talking, the short shifter is a good 'mod' that you will appreciate. You won't notice a thing with a drop in filter and scoops, but you will notice a huge difference with the shifter.

Intake 'noise' is for the Honda boys...in my opinion.
Jump to top flow350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Jan-15-2011, 06:04:20 AM   #12
Drew Stahlgrau
Sienar Fleet Systems Inc.

In the garage:

St Vincent and the Grenadines

I have the RPI scoops, BMC drop-in and a clean MAF.( w/stock boot.)

Yes, I felt a difference but here's why...

1. OEM filter was dirty..a clean filter vs. dirty should (theoretically)improve performance. The BMC filter showed dyno improvements(?) posted on this board;

2. Simultaneously, I cleaned the MAF..the improvement this makes on this car has been well documented on this thread post-cleaning. Use the search on this topic;

These three things made the car seem more willing to rev. The difference felt a like a "1/2 way" sport mode difference if I had to describe it in detail.

Personally, I think the clean MAF and filter made the difference. Scoops? well they look cool but......
Current Mods: Brembo BBK, Active Autowerke Exhaust,AR20,RPi Scoops,BMC Filter,H&R's,Konis,AG M359,Apex 12mm spacers,GY Eagle F1, Black Grills,Monochrome badges, Carbon Roundels & trim,Smoked Corners,Stealthauto bulbs,New OEM lenses,AE's, Lamin-X,5k HID fogs,Keyhole Delete,"Mafioso" tint,OEM BMW Hanger,Slush Mats,Car Cover,Wet Okole "M" Seatcovers,Stebel Nautilus horn, ClutchStop,-CDV,UUC clutch line, 330d shifter, ZHP knob,"M" stitch boots,Kill Switch

Coming Soon: Active Headers,Alcantara,LED tails,more CF bits,3.91s?

Dream List: S85 conversion!

2002 M3 6MT, Jet Black/Black Nappa, Premium,HK,Rear Spoiler Delete

Daily:2001 325iT 5MT, Jet Black/Grey Nappa, 19" style 167

Beater:1984 E30 318i 5MT Polaris/Cardinal,TSW Hockenheim, Hartge rear spoiler, Zender side skirts, Pfeba front.

Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
Jump to top Drew Stahlgrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-15-2011, 06:33:23 AM   #13
mjg

New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by flow350 View Post
Don't tell that to CSL owners.
Jump to top mjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-15-2011, 09:23:52 AM   #14
FrankJones
Pyro Tech

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebm3 View Post
Short shifter is a great mod because you use it ALL THE TIME. Think of mods that you can take full advantage of because they affect the way you drive. Suspension, brakes, short shifter, nice speakers/deck. Modding a E46 M3 isn't cheap as I'm sure you know
I know it's off topic and I don't care cause I do love my SSK! I do, I do!!!
Ok I'm done...

04' Carbon Black,TC Kline DA 500/600 Springs, ZCP Rack, Autosolutions 40% SSK,
RPI Intake Scoops, Rogue Pulleys, AFE drop in filter, Evolve R Tune, SS V1 Header, SS sec 1&2, Scorza Muffler, 3.91 R&P
Jump to top FrankJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-15-2011, 10:44:27 AM   #15
MPOWERD
Mod Hound!

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Now you are talking, the short shifter is a good 'mod' that you will appreciate. You won't notice a thing with a drop in filter and scoops, but you will notice a huge difference with the shifter.

<> CSL Carbon Fiber Intake w/MAF, Brembo Gran Turismo, Euro Headers & Cats, K&N 69, Radenergie Carbon Fiber Strutbar
<> EAS Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills, Carbon Fiber Fender Grills, SMG Carbon Fiber Paddles, Vorsteiner 2 Sided CF VCSL Boot
<> EAS Slvr Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, Blk Carbon Fiber SMG Dome, Carbon Fiber Console, & Blk/Slvr Steering Wheel Trim
<> EAS Carbon Fiber Engine Bay, Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Valve Cover, RPI Intake Scoops, CarPC w/Nav/MP3/HD Radio/TV
<> Eisenmann Race Exhaust, Supersprint X-Pipe with Resonator, Ekarbon 1/2 Carbon Fiber Diffuser, DEPO Smoked Corners
<> 19x8.5 19x9.5 VMR V710s in HyperSilver, Painted Corner Reflectors, EAS Carbon Fiber Emblems, Carbon Fiber Hood Vent
<> Slvr CF Pedals, OEM 2-Tone Hardtop, Windscreen, & Alarm, 6K Headlights & HID Fogs, Blk Carbon Fiber Headlight Trim
Jump to top MPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-15-2011, 07:52:03 PM   #16
E46M3BMW

United States

Quote:

Yup. I doubt anyone is really going to notice 5wph if that.
Jump to top E46M3BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-15-2011, 10:09:42 PM   #17
flow350
Banned

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg View Post
Don't tell that to CSL owners.
Very true, I stand corrected. The CSL intake swap is a real intake. I just do not think a drop in filter and elbow should be considered an intake...
Jump to top flow350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-15-2011, 10:47:36 PM   #18
MPOWERD
Mod Hound!

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Very true, I stand corrected. The CSL intake swap is a real intake. I just do not think a drop in filter and elbow should be considered an intake...
Ah yes I agree with you, glad you clarified that...

<> CSL Carbon Fiber Intake w/MAF, Brembo Gran Turismo, Euro Headers & Cats, K&N 69, Radenergie Carbon Fiber Strutbar
<> EAS Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills, Carbon Fiber Fender Grills, SMG Carbon Fiber Paddles, Vorsteiner 2 Sided CF VCSL Boot
<> EAS Slvr Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, Blk Carbon Fiber SMG Dome, Carbon Fiber Console, & Blk/Slvr Steering Wheel Trim
<> EAS Carbon Fiber Engine Bay, Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Valve Cover, RPI Intake Scoops, CarPC w/Nav/MP3/HD Radio/TV
<> Eisenmann Race Exhaust, Supersprint X-Pipe with Resonator, Ekarbon 1/2 Carbon Fiber Diffuser, DEPO Smoked Corners
<> 19x8.5 19x9.5 VMR V710s in HyperSilver, Painted Corner Reflectors, EAS Carbon Fiber Emblems, Carbon Fiber Hood Vent
<> Slvr CF Pedals, OEM 2-Tone Hardtop, Windscreen, & Alarm, 6K Headlights & HID Fogs, Blk Carbon Fiber Headlight Trim
Jump to top MPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Jan-28-2011, 10:31:53 PM   #19
silvr333

In the garage:

United States

Thanks guys i pulled the plug on the Dinan short shift kit today and i love it.
Jump to top silvr333 is offline   Reply With Quote