BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Garage > M3 Car Care and Detailing
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

M3 Car Care and Detailing Place to discuss keeping your M looking its best.

Closed Thread

Old Fri, Sep-17-2010, 08:27:48 PM   #151
eas
M3Forum Sponsor

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyd View Post
Bump here,

Maybe someone already said a few pages back back Ill ask anyways

Where do I buy this leatherique "kit" the same kit that ian used
Here you go:

Leatherique - Leather & Rubber Master Restoration Kit

Blog | Facebook | YouTube | Flickr
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Sep-17-2010, 10:28:27 PM   #152
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

^looks like the "super prepping agent" is for use before dying. Why throw it in with the pristine clean and conditioner? Does it have another purpose as well?

The rubber black stuff is pretty useless for us 46ers, as we have no black trim.

I just used the pristine clean and rejuvenator. Just used it again a month ago, leather looks as good as ever

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, Wife's 6mt NA RWD e91, 04 M3 wagon
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car

FS: 6mt, RWD, iDrive free, properly maintained e91 (wagon)
Old Sat, Sep-18-2010, 09:34:00 AM   #153
MPOWERD
Mod Hound!

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by 405 View Post
i finished my interior last night with the pristine clean and it came out looking really nice. i used about 8 oz of both the rejuvenator and the pristine clean (or whatever my friend had remaining in his kit anyway).

the hardest part was getting the rejuvenator off the leather and getting no streaks or anything, it probably took about 2 hours total to get it perfect. the biggest improvement was the passenger seat, it looks a lot better. the rear seats look about the same as they were never really used but i thought i would do them. everything does look better than before, although there wasnt a huge visual difference it still was there. the red leather is now brighter than before.

the biggest difference i noticed after applying leatherique is the leather feel is much softer and restored. it is exactly how brand new leather feels. i also usually dont like chemical smells in my car, but i liked the way leatherique smells so thats another plus. i plan to do this in the fall but i probably will not do the rear seats, only the front and front door panels.

i took a lot of pictures before, during, and after. these results were from letting the car sit in direct sunlight for about 26 hours in 85 degree weather during the day.

this is my car at 92k miles

before:

the driver seat was the worst in the interior

masking/during:

after:

thanks
WOW!! You did some MAJOR prep work! My wife's 323i had some serious wear on her grey leather seats and it didnt look that great after treating them with the leatherique, but when I hit them for a second time a few days later they really looked good again, the wear on the bolsters toned down dramatically and even improved further a few days after the second treatment...

Have you thought about doing a followup treatment?

<> CSL Carbon Fiber Intake w/MAF, Brembo Gran Turismo, Euro Headers & Cats, K&N 69, Radenergie Carbon Fiber Strutbar
<> EAS Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills, Carbon Fiber Fender Grills, SMG Carbon Fiber Paddles, Vorsteiner 2 Sided CF VCSL Boot
<> EAS Slvr Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, Blk Carbon Fiber SMG Dome, Carbon Fiber Console, & Blk/Slvr Steering Wheel Trim
<> EAS Carbon Fiber Engine Bay, Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Valve Cover, RPI Intake Scoops, CarPC w/Nav/MP3/HD Radio/TV
<> Eisenmann Race Exhaust, Supersprint X-Pipe with Resonator, Ekarbon 1/2 Carbon Fiber Diffuser, DEPO Smoked Corners
<> 19x8.5 19x9.5 VMR V710s in HyperSilver, Painted Corner Reflectors, EAS Carbon Fiber Emblems, Carbon Fiber Hood Vent
<> Slvr CF Pedals, OEM 2-Tone Hardtop, Windscreen, & Alarm, 6K Headlights & HID Fogs, Blk Carbon Fiber Headlight Trim
Old Sat, Sep-18-2010, 12:44:18 PM   #154
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

I wonder what causes some people's seats to be all cracked like that. Maybe not conditioning the leather throughout the life of the car? Maybe untinted (not UV filtered) windows? I see it all the time, but my car shows no signs of doing it at all, at 110,000 miles

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, Wife's 6mt NA RWD e91, 04 M3 wagon
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car

FS: 6mt, RWD, iDrive free, properly maintained e91 (wagon)
Old Sat, Sep-18-2010, 08:35:49 PM   #155
///M.EngT

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
I wonder what causes some people's seats to be all cracked like that. Maybe not conditioning the leather throughout the life of the car? Maybe untinted (not UV filtered) windows? I see it all the time, but my car shows no signs of doing it at all, at 110,000 miles
This is a great product, they actually make a die treatment in imola that you use during the conditioning or after. Using this die will make your car seats look close to 95% new.
Old Sat, Sep-18-2010, 10:39:32 PM   #156
MPOWERD
Mod Hound!

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
I think it is related to solar and heat damage in the car. My wife refuses to allow me to tint the windows in her 323i and her seats are cracked like that. Just to much solar and heat damage...

<> CSL Carbon Fiber Intake w/MAF, Brembo Gran Turismo, Euro Headers & Cats, K&N 69, Radenergie Carbon Fiber Strutbar
<> EAS Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills, Carbon Fiber Fender Grills, SMG Carbon Fiber Paddles, Vorsteiner 2 Sided CF VCSL Boot
<> EAS Slvr Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, Blk Carbon Fiber SMG Dome, Carbon Fiber Console, & Blk/Slvr Steering Wheel Trim
<> EAS Carbon Fiber Engine Bay, Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Valve Cover, RPI Intake Scoops, CarPC w/Nav/MP3/HD Radio/TV
<> Eisenmann Race Exhaust, Supersprint X-Pipe with Resonator, Ekarbon 1/2 Carbon Fiber Diffuser, DEPO Smoked Corners
<> 19x8.5 19x9.5 VMR V710s in HyperSilver, Painted Corner Reflectors, EAS Carbon Fiber Emblems, Carbon Fiber Hood Vent
<> Slvr CF Pedals, OEM 2-Tone Hardtop, Windscreen, & Alarm, 6K Headlights & HID Fogs, Blk Carbon Fiber Headlight Trim
Old Tue, Sep-21-2010, 01:33:55 PM   #157
King Luis
Porsche Fanboi

In the garage:

Canada

just did the rejuv and cleaner on mine yesterday and what a difference. feels and looks brand new despite some cracks.

My Flickr
Old Tue, Sep-21-2010, 10:54:11 PM   #158
skelzy
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Luis View Post
just did the rejuv and cleaner on mine yesterday and what a difference. feels and looks brand new despite some cracks.
How do you do the "let sit in the hot sun for 24 hours" up in Canada? Did the interior get hot enough? I always wondered about this step with using Leatherique. My fear is I wouldnt be able to get the interior hot enough...

2005 Coupe AW/BLK/SMG/LOADED
Old Tue, Sep-21-2010, 11:44:25 PM   #159
King Luis
Porsche Fanboi

In the garage:

Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelzy View Post
How do you do the "let sit in the hot sun for 24 hours" up in Canada? Did the interior get hot enough? I always wondered about this step with using Leatherique. My fear is I wouldnt be able to get the interior hot enough...
Sun was hot when I did it. I let it sit for only 4 hours since I was strapped for time. But it did heat up quite a bit.

My Flickr
Old Wed, Sep-22-2010, 12:21:06 AM   #160

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_Modness View Post
WOW!! You did some MAJOR prep work! My wife's 323i had some serious wear on her grey leather seats and it didnt look that great after treating them with the leatherique, but when I hit them for a second time a few days later they really looked good again, the wear on the bolsters toned down dramatically and even improved further a few days after the second treatment...

Have you thought about doing a followup treatment?
ill have to think about that this fall when i do it over again.. thanks for the tip. i look forward to treating again.

Quote:
i think you are right .. i would say its a combination of the windows not being tinted and being left unconditioned from the previous owner. the front windows of my car were never tinted so that explains it.
Closed Thread