|Thu, Aug-11-2005, 04:29:17 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Based in SF California and Travel All Over!
Premier Clear Bra Installation Information
“Elite Paint Protection Installers”
As today’s paint technology has evolved, so has the culture of maintaining the vehicle’s paint. Paint maintenance is no longer about using the proper wax or sealant to protect the paint's surface from the environment. Water based paint is now a standard in the industry due to environmental regulations. Although, paint gloss and clarity is not affected by the paint's composition, the strength of paint is. Paint chipping from freeway driving is now a norm due to paint's softness. New technology paint must be resolved with a new technology product - 'Premier' Transparent Paint Protection Film.
Although, PPF (Paint Protection Film) has been on the market for a little over 10 years, it has now become a necessity for those wanting to maintain a chip-free front-end. PPF is a clear urethane film that is designed to be applied onto a paint's surface to provide maximum protection for as long as the film stays on the paint. There are many brands of paint protection film on the market (Clearshield, Avery, Venture, Llumar, 3M, and Madico). We are constantly testing different films to ensure we are, in our opinion, using the best film for our distinguished clients.
There are three ingredients to producing near flawless results:
1. Pre-cut Kit Design
2. Film Clarity
3. Installation Quality
Paint protection film dealers now use software and a cutting device to cut kits in-house. However, not all software are created equal. The crucial point of paint protection software is the number of pieces and size of the kit per panel. Some softwares are designed to provide ease of installation by using multiple pieces on the front bumper. The disadvantage of such a design is the seams will be more visible. All software we use have been chosen for the quality of design - one piece kits on bumper applications for maximum coverage.
Stretch marks, dimples, lifting, and wrinkles all determine whether or not the film is visible on a vehicle, especially on darker colored paint. Our 7 years of experience and expertise in the industry has provided us with uncommon knowledge of how to prevent these issues from arising. The end-result is a near flawless install that does not alter the vehicle's aesthetics.
Orange peel texture has been one of the major issues plaguing paint protection film over the years. This is the cause of the adhesive's clarity index under the film and not a degradation of film over time. The texture, although visible on lighter colored vehicles, is most prominent on darker colored paint. We fully understand the importance of clarity and visibility, which is why we only carry the clearest film to compliment our high quality installation results.
FAQ – Paint Protection Film
1. Will it yellow, bubble or crack over time? No film on the market is perfect, so issues may arise. However, if anything does happen, it is always good to know that there is a limited Lifetime Warranty on PARTS AND LABOR from bubbling, fading, and cracking.
2. Can it be washed and waxed? Yes, to maintain the film, it is meant to be waxed and washed on a regular basis 2 wks after installation. All PPF is porous, so when these pores get filled w/ dirt and debris, the film (especially on white vehicles) will exhibit a slight yellowish tone. Keeping the film waxed regularly will minimize this effect.
3. When my car gets dirty, the line on the hood is more visible. What can I do about it? Wash the vehicle and use a wet q-tip and run it along the edge and this will clean up the dirt or wax build-up. If some build-up remains, wet the area w/ detailers’ spray and rub with a micro-fiber / qtip.
4. If I ever remove the film, will there be a two-tone effect? No, all of the films we use now and in the future must be UV stable and allow the rays to penetrate; therefore, there will not be any 2-toning if film is ever removed.
5. Would the paint get stripped if I remove the film after a few yrs? The film is OE paint safe.
6. Can I repaint my bumper and put a film on right away? Yes, you can, but you risk having the paint get pulled off if it is removed later. The recommended new paint curing time is 30-45 days before clear bra application. To improve the curing process, one could request the body shop to bake the paint longer.
7. From my local clear bra installer, they say some of the clearer films are easier to install. Is this true?
Well yes and no. It depends on the installing company's standards. Yes, it is easier to install due to its elasticity, but that does not necessarily mean the quality of install will be ideal. In actuality, the film is more difficult to work with to bring out a truly invisible installation. Due to the film's clarity, it does not hide any type of installation flaw that would not normally show up on film that exhibits orange peel texture.
8. Why do you charge more than these other guys?
Our company was founded with one idea in mind - "Perfection is Our Standard". We truly believe that you get what you pay for. Our company does not price-match nor are we affected by companies that charge less. We focus on providing the highest degree of installation excellence; thus, our prices reflect this. We provide our clientele with excellence in installation, warranty, and service. It is easy to make a quick buck in business, but to maintain a life-long relationship with our customers is the challenge. We focus on the future and the longevity of our services.
9. "I got a quote from XXX down the street, and they cost much less. Why is that?" This is an industry that is growing at an exponential rate. Many people are trying to capitalize on this paint protection fad; however, at the expense of consumers. We often respond, "don't you think they would like to charge $800 for your car instead of $400? Why do you think they can't?"
10. How long does it take to install a full kit? We are typically done with the actual installations for (non-tucked) pre-cut kits between 1.5-2.5 hours. The standard in this industry goes anywhere from 4 hrs to 6hrs........there are reports of overnight installs.
11. I don't like to see the line on the hood, can you cover the entire hood? Yes, on some vehicles we can. We are one of several companies in the U.S. that has Master Rolls in 48” and 60"s, which is large enough to wrap hoods as well as entire panels.
12. I have an aftermarket bumper, can you cover this? Approximately 50% of our installs are custom applications. Yes, we can wrap anything that the customer would like covered.
13. You guys are not local, can I purchase an Armourfend kit and find someone local to install it? We do not sell the kits out at the retail level. There are several reasons for this. First of all, it is irresponsible of us to sell pre-cut kits that were designed for professional installation. We are confident in the kit design, but not installation standards in the market. It would be a waste of money for the consumer to purchase one of our kits and try to install it themselves or search out local installation facilities. Likely, the results will not be ideal. Even if we were to provide installation videos and instructions, it takes many years of experience to install these extensive kits. If it were that simple, we would not have survived in this industry for 7 years.
-How far do you travel for group installations? We are regularly in Asia for this type of installation, so there really isn't a geographical location we cannot provide for. For out of state inquiries, we need a minimum of 10 vehicles to justify a trip. Please email us directly if interested in becoming an organizer for such events.
Last edited by Premier; Mon, Aug-22-2005 at 08:27:17 AM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Premier Clear Bra Installed !!!||IceEyes||Member Photos and Videos||18||Wed, Aug-02-2006 09:43:53 PM|
|Premier custom clear bra||sk8ermoo||E46 M3 (2001-2006)||34||Tue, Jun-13-2006 12:01:29 AM|
|Premier clear bra installed...they are the best:)||Ian70||E46 M3 (2001-2006)||28||Wed, May-31-2006 08:42:02 AM|
|Clear Bra by Sam at Premier||ELMEL||E46 M3 (2001-2006)||27||Sat, May-14-2005 06:52:58 AM|