BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Parts for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Parts for Sale/Wanted Post your Parts Wanted, and non commercial bmw related items for sale. We ask that companies selling goods become a Sponsor to advertise your goods.

Old Tue, Nov-19-2019, 10:37:39 PM   #1
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Default HTE Performance Tuning Group-Buy -- Let's get these cams dialed in!

A lot of guys have messaged me asking about tunes to accompany their cams that were purchased through the cam group buy -- Well, one of our forum's finest, Hassan Eido, has reached out to say that he is comfortable with offering his services to the community and is up for the challenge.

A little bit about Hassan Eido (HTE Performance):
He is a long time enthusiast and forum member that has countless hours on the dyno, tuning and testing on the e46 M3 platform. As a software engineer, he has 15 years of software engineering experience and decided to start his own tuning business due to the amount of tuning requests he was receiving from the community both on and off of this forum. Thus far, he has had success with more than a hundred hours on the dyno, tuning everything from street driven NA and FI cars, to full on race cars built around the S54 platform, helping other enthusiasts all across the world, remotely.

For this Group-Buy, he is offering his LIVE remote dyno tuning services to dial in the tune for all cammed cars for $350 usd.
*Keep in mind, like with any remote tuning, you will be responsible for booking your dyno time at your local dyno (and will be responsible for their dyno booking hourly rate). With this Group-Buy, you are paying for Hassan's time for the actual tuning process.

If you are interested in getting your cammed car all dialed in, please add your name and email address (or best means of contact -- if you don't check this forum frequently) in the list below.

1. Dr M3AN M3
2. EliasZ -- Paid 12/16/19
3. Whips333
4. rbg
5. dutchhome -- Paid 12/11/19
6. samgrant951
7. Nugs
8. Ahmed alghoul
9. LemansM -- Paid 12/10/19
10. CCe46

*Will edit this with more information if Hassan deems necessary and I will let Hassan chime in to answer any questions as they arise.

For reviews from people that have previously worked with Hassan regarding tuning, see this thread.

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Both Karbonius and Streamline CSL Airboxes, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized HJS Race Catted section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized Custom section 2, Custom Oversized Supersprint muffler, Catcam's Billet 280/272 cams, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Brembo GT6 (front) + GT4 (rear) BBK, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, SMG Pump Relocated.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested):
OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2, HTE Tuning Group-Buy OE CSL Wheel

Last edited by Dr M3an M3; Mon, Dec-16-2019 at 10:29:31 PM.
Rate Seller View Rating
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Nov-19-2019, 10:45:29 PM   #2
EliasZ

United States

Default Re: HTE Performance Tuning Group-Buy -- Let's get these cams dialed in!

1. Dr M3AN M3
2. EliasZ
Jump to top EliasZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Nov-19-2019, 10:48:26 PM   #3
Mr.wReckless

Norway

For us who live 10 hours away from the nearest dyno and overseas, any solution to a remote tune? If even only for something that will be somewhat closely in the ballpark so that it'll at least start and run fairly decent?

Regards
H&R lowering springs
Seibon carbon hood, carbon fenders & carbon skinned front bumper
VAC high volume oil pump, Calico rod bearings
.712 yellow tag rack
Jump to top Mr.wReckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Nov-19-2019, 10:57:09 PM   #4
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.wReckless View Post
For us who live 10 hours away from the nearest dyno and overseas, any solution to a remote tune? If even only for something that will be somewhat closely in the ballpark so that it'll at least start and run fairly decent?

Regards
Let me have Hassan chime in on what options exist for this case. Depending on the cam selected, offering a pre-configured tune MAY be possible. To my understanding, the 280/272 will drive without a retune (although it won't be optimized to take advantage of the newly installed cams) while from what I understand, the 288/280 will throw codes and won't run correctly without being properly tuned.

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Both Karbonius and Streamline CSL Airboxes, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized HJS Race Catted section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized Custom section 2, Custom Oversized Supersprint muffler, Catcam's Billet 280/272 cams, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Brembo GT6 (front) + GT4 (rear) BBK, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, SMG Pump Relocated.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested):
OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2, HTE Tuning Group-Buy OE CSL Wheel
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-20-2019, 07:14:24 AM   #5
C///M

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
Let me have Hassan chime in on what options exist for this case. Depending on the cam selected, offering a pre-configured tune MAY be possible. To my understanding, the 280/272 will drive without a retune (although it won't be optimized to take advantage of the newly installed cams) while from what I understand, the 288/280 will throw codes and won't run correctly without being properly tuned.
I got a couple of Paul Claude's "off-the-shelf" tunes (w/CSL map sensor) when I installed my airbox and SS v1s, the 2nd tune being for the addition of the 288/280 cams. So you can either go PC's OTS route or I'm sure Hassan can put together a generic tune for the group as well.

My only concern is that I specified Schrick's cam specs at the time and I'm not sure if the cam sync offset values are the same between Schrick and Cat Cams. I feel like last time I looked, a couple were ever-so-slightly different.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Jump to top C///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-20-2019, 06:24:31 AM   #6
HassanEido

In the garage:

Lebanon

Quote:

Regards
Yes. I got you covered, but we need a wideband to have something to work with and get afrs dialed in

Sent from my JKM-LX1 using Tapatalk

PM for performance tune requests
Mods:
-Custom CF airbox
-SSV2 catless headers(with a modified collector extention), Custom 2.5" dual sec1, Custom sec2 2.5" dual with e9xM X pipe, SuperSprint Race inspired custom section 3..
-Cat Cams 280 272.
-Custom dyno tune
-Tms pulleys and electric fan conversion
385.7 whp 288 wtq

Custom exhaust thread and dyno http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=569086
Cams thread and dyno http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=554439
Custom cf airbox thread http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=595180
Why not to use after market bearings with surfacetreatments and /or increased clearance
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showp...4&postcount=10
Jump to top HassanEido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Nov-19-2019, 11:49:24 PM   #7
Mr.wReckless

Norway

My understanding was that even a 280/272 will idle like crap on a stock tune but otherwise be driveable:
but I digress.

Regards
H&R lowering springs
Seibon carbon hood, carbon fenders & carbon skinned front bumper
VAC high volume oil pump, Calico rod bearings
.712 yellow tag rack
Jump to top Mr.wReckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-20-2019, 06:10:37 AM   #8
HassanEido

In the garage:

Lebanon

Quote:
My understanding was that even a 280/272 will idle like crap on a stock tune but otherwise be driveable: BMW M3 346HP Schrick Camshafts Idle RPM / Stock ECU - YouTube but I digress.

Regards
well, 280 272 cams idle like stock. That car was probably mistimed or something else wrong with it.. But a tune is definitely a requirement as the car runs the risk of running too lean, it will be down on power too. But it should be fine to drive it on part throttle to get it tuned

Mods:
-Custom CF airbox
-SSV2 catless headers(with a modified collector extention), Custom 2.5" dual sec1, Custom sec2 2.5" dual with e9xM X pipe, SuperSprint Race inspired custom section 3..
-Cat Cams 280 272.
-Custom dyno tune
385.7 whp 288 wtq

Custom exhaust thread and dyno http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=569086
Why not to use after market bearings with surfacetreatments and /or increased clearance

Last edited by HassanEido; Wed, Nov-20-2019 at 06:31:49 AM.
Old Wed, Nov-20-2019, 07:18:59 AM   #9
C///M

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanEido View Post
well, 280 272 cams idle like stock. That car was probably mistimed or something else wrong with it.. But a tune is definitely a requirement as the car runs the risk of running too lean, it will be down on power too. But it should be fine to drive it on part throttle to get it tuned

Hassan - do you know offhand if the cam sync offset values are the same between Schrick and Cat's 288 intake / 280 exhaust cam setups?

Jump to top C///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-20-2019, 08:11:35 AM   #10
HassanEido

In the garage:

Lebanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by C///M View Post
Hassan - do you know offhand if the cam sync offset values are the same between Schrick and Cat's 288 intake / 280 exhaust cam setups?

Yes they are sightly different than the schricks, but the schrick offsets should work, I've had customers use them before with no issues. They are too close for it to really matter, but it's something to consider

Mods:
-Custom CF airbox
-Cat Cams 280 272.
-Custom dyno tune
385.7 whp 288 wtq