BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Off Topic Place to discuss this and that. Note: We also have "request to join" forums: Guns and Fitness.
(Threads/posts inside may contain material that is NSFW / offensive)

Old Sat, Oct-23-2010, 09:58:22 PM   #21
EKaru

Reputation: 766 EKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru PorshaEKaru Porsha

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineEcstasy View Post
The LF-A is just the modern BMW M1. A total POS that isn't at all worth it's price, but will be collectible. There are at least 100 better alternatives to the LF-A when considering perfomance/status/value/etc.
^ this
Jump to top EKaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Oct-23-2010, 10:06:15 PM   #22
bmwMpower1
Ur Myron

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKaru View Post
Lexus had began development of the LF-A in 2000 and their intention was to create a supercar, and $150K is not supercar level... Unfortunately for them, the development and costs, which went into it, ended up being much more than they had anticipated. They had initially intended for the production car to be complete by 2005... At that time its acceleration times would have been acceptable at the supercar level, but not in 2010....
Having said that, if I had 100s of $millions in the bank, that Lexus would certainly be in my collection and I'd speculate that it would be a collector's item.
Ok, glad we are on the same page. Surely you can see my side when I say the car seems more like a salvage of the idea of a lexus supercar than anything. They decided to charge something close to what it cost them to make the car while the current competition is a lot cheaper and able to outperform it in many ways. It appears to have been a failure in my eyes as Toyota is the largest car manufacturer in the world. They likely have the biggest budget in the world, so is it wrong to think they should be able to produce an affordable supercar in 10 years? Imagine the LF-A as the new generation supra priced anywhere from 70-120k. This would be the hottest **** on the streets right now and if it was lexus badged it would have done great things for the brand. Obviously this is not the case and I retain my belief this car will be found in the garages of toyota executives more than anyone. If they wanted this car to be successful they should have accepted fairly substantial losses on it like VW does with the veyron.

The car has some great new technology with the electric dash and dual-tube rotary loom weaved CF A-Pillar, but we will have to agree to disagree on the collective nature of the vehicle.

Aware Yourself

Our father of aesthetics , who art in heaven.
Zyzz be thy name
Thy mirrin come, thy training chest on monday will be done.
At home as it is in the gym.
Give us today our daily protein, and forgive us for our cheatmeals, as forgive those who use celltech against us.
For thine is the jelly, the oats, and the squats.
Forever and ever mirrin.
Amen.
Jump to top bmwMpower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Oct-23-2010, 10:08:24 PM   #23
AlpineEcstasy
Banned

Reputation: 0 AlpineEcstasy has a reputation beyond reputeAlpineEcstasy has a reputation beyond reputeAlpineEcstasy has a reputation beyond repute

Germany

Cool, now can you change your sig? I'm getting tired of looking at a tattooed E.T. in a cloud of pot smoke.
Jump to top AlpineEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Oct-23-2010, 10:13:58 PM   #24
Teh_Ginger
Hi there!

Sweden

Holy fuk you badge whores are retarded!

Get over the price already. Deal with the fact that you're too poor to buy one. Stop trying to rationalize what you would or wouldn't buy. Stop talking about what a waste it is. You're like the most annoying goddamn broken record on the planet.

Anything that cost $400k is a status symbol. A $400k platinum coated, diamond encrusted dog turd is a status symbol. The Lexus badge is completely irrelevant. You pull up in an ultra rare, ultra exotic $400k car and people will be impressed....if that's really your shallow, pathetic goal.

As for this dumbass collectors argument...it's collectible because a car company not known for anything remotely like the LFA, stepped outside its boundaries to produce a truly spectacular car. Have you read any of the reviews? Have you watched any of the videos? The reviewers are literally awestruck by the car. The driving experience and the level of quality combined with the price and sense of exclusivity make for the perfect recipe for collectibility.

Are you really that dense, Casey??? Why the hell do people pay $200k for old pieces of American shitpile muscle cars? I think that's a far more puzzling dilemma.

Jump to top Teh_Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Oct-23-2010, 10:15:28 PM   #25
bmwMpower1
Ur Myron

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Cool, now can you change your sig? I'm getting tired of looking at a tattooed E.T. in a cloud of pot smoke.
No thank you, but could I ask you change yours since it is in violation of both length and width size specifications by the forum?

Quote:
2. Size: We ask that you limit any pics in your sig to 250 pixels high by 600 pixels long. Which ever comes first! Anything larger will affect the readability of the forum. Additionally, please limit the text in your signature to less than three lines. The size specs apply to one picture. You are only allowed one picture in your sig and it must meet the size specs.

Aware Yourself

Zyzz be thy name
Give us today our daily protein, and forgive us for our cheatmeals, as forgive those who use celltech against us.
Forever and ever mirrin.
Amen.
Old Sat, Oct-23-2010, 10:17:07 PM   #26
AlpineEcstasy
Banned

Reputation: 0 AlpineEcstasy has a reputation beyond reputeAlpineEcstasy has a reputation beyond reputeAlpineEcstasy has a reputation beyond repute

Germany

Hey Ginger, what some of us are saying is that to 99.5% of the population a $200k Ferrari is more of a status symbol than a $400k Lexus.

When is the last time you heard a gold-digger say she wanted to find a rich guy so she could have a Lexus? Never. It's always a Ferrari/Lambo/Porsche/etc.
Old Sat, Oct-23-2010, 10:18:41 PM   #27
AlpineEcstasy
Banned

Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwMpower1 View Post
No thank you, but could I ask you change yours since it is in violation of both length and width size specifications by the forum?
My sig isn't as long as yours? And besides, which type of straight guy complains about mine?
Old Sat, Oct-23-2010, 10:28:19 PM   #28
bmwMpower1
Ur Myron

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ginger View Post
Holy fuk you badge whores are retarded!

Get over the price already. Deal with the fact that you're too poor to buy one. Stop trying to rationalize what you would or wouldn't buy. Stop talking about what a waste it is. You're like the most annoying goddamn broken record on the planet.

Anything that cost $400k is a status symbol. A $400k platinum coated, diamond encrusted dog turd is a status symbol. The Lexus badge is completely irrelevant. You pull up in an ultra rare, ultra exotic $400k car and people will be impressed....if that's really your shallow, pathetic goal.

As for this dumbass collectors argument...it's collectible because a car company not known for anything remotely like the LFA, stepped outside its boundaries to produce a truly spectacular car. Have you read any of the reviews? Have you watched any of the videos? The reviewers are literally awestruck by the car. The driving experience and the level of quality combined with the price and sense of exclusivity make for the perfect recipe for collectibility.

Are you really that dense, Casey??? Why the hell do people pay $200k for old pieces of American shitpile muscle cars? I think that's a far more puzzling dilemma.
A lexus may be a status symbol to the middle class or in the South in general. I have heard people think Lexus produces nice cars in the south, so that comes from first hand experience. In the company of other people who could afford a 400k car the LF-A is still a bit of a joke. I guess it depends who you're trying to impress. If I rolled up in that sweet little 350z nismo at a high school people would probably be impressed. Same goes for the LF-A.

And yes I have seen reviews. I am allowed to form my own opinion too, not that most reviewers don't already mention the fact you could have 6 GT-Rs for the same price and nearly the same performance...

American Muscle cars are collectible because they have sentimental value and represent America's love for the automobile. They also didn't cost more than a ferrari when they were new, so it's fairly easy for them to go up in value. This LF-A on the other hand costs more than a Ferrari and is being controlled by the company that owns it. Do I think the LF-A will be worth 200k in a year? **** no, that's impossible with the way Lexus is selling the cars. They have total control over the LF-A market and are actually making people like you believe this car is worth the price tag.

Quote:
My sig isn't as long as yours? And besides, which type of straight guy complains about mine?
It's like 80% black space, you could fit at least 3 more girls in there.

I fixed it for you though.

Aware Yourself

Zyzz be thy name
Forever and ever mirrin.
Amen.

Last edited by bmwMpower1; Sat, Oct-23-2010 at 10:33:41 PM.
Old Sat, Oct-23-2010, 10:36:13 PM   #29
AlpineEcstasy
Banned

Germany

That looks retarded now. Sort of like the short bus Soldier Kid rolled up to school in before he lucked out with his super hero song.
Old Sat, Oct-23-2010, 10:42:54 PM   #30
bmwMpower1
Ur Myron

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
That looks retarded now. Sort of like the short bus Soldier Kid rolled up to school in before he lucked out with his super hero song.
I do you a favor and you insult me? Not cool.

Do you mean this short bus? NWS language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFiPANvxfDg

Aware Yourself

Zyzz be thy name
Forever and ever mirrin.
Amen.