BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Fri, Jan-20-2017, 07:10:03 PM   #51
cblock

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: W///'s combo build thread

Man, what a nice collection of M cars!

Jump to top cblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sun, Jan-22-2017, 06:44:36 PM   #52
W///

In the garage:

Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblock View Post
Man, what a nice collection of M cars!
Thank you! It took me a while to get here, but I can look at them with pride. To be honest, none of them are mint collection cars, which I prefer. The average mileage for all 3 cars is like 105k miles haha, but I do try to keep them as clean as possible.

Anyway, I got the Z back on the road Friday night. Boy oh boy do fresh fluids make a HUGE difference. The gear shifts are so much smoother, diff is quieter, and spark plugs/air filter/MAF cleaning also made the engine run smoother. All of that was much needed. I have no doubt the car now needs valve adjustment as I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't been done in a while.

Jump to top W/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jan-24-2017, 12:52:23 PM   #53
W///

In the garage:

Thailand

Pulled the E92 out of the garage for the first time since October I think. 2nd throttle valve actuator went out at 89k miles, and I'm just now getting to it. LHS rear tire was almost completely flat.

Next to the new to me Z4MR (last addition, I promise )

Absolute work of art this thing, I forgot how amazing this engine sounds. The engine bay is absolutely filthy though, so I went ahead and cleaned the air filter while I was at it. I'll also have to do the yearly oil change soon, even though I think I only put 1000 miles on the car in 2016 (airbag recall and TVA). Belts are also looking tired:

Can't wait to drive this thing again!

Old Tue, Jan-24-2017, 05:21:33 PM   #54
Radmobile

In the garage:

United States

I'm not a fan of HRE wheels, nor am I a big fan of gold wheels but the one mocked up on the z4m looks great. Assuming ride height is good and not slammed to the ground like most HRE owners.

And the eight individual throttle bodies is a thing of beauty.

Follow Me: Instragram
Follow Me: Flickr
2014 BMW 435i M-sport (alpine white/black)
2014 BMW 228i (alpine white/black/slicktop)
1999 BMW M3 (titanium silver/dove) - Sold
Jump to top Radmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Feb-05-2017, 03:33:07 PM   #55
HiFiGuy1

In the garage:

United States

How hard is it to do that throttle controller on the S65, if I should need to? I had the RHS unit replaced last year on my wife's E93 after it failed, so it's already new. That cost me $1800+ installed. If the LHS goes out, what is the parts cost?
Jump to top HiFiGuy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-06-2017, 07:14:27 PM   #56
W///

In the garage:

Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy1 View Post
How hard is it to do that throttle controller on the S65, if I should need to? I had the RHS unit replaced last year on my wife's E93 after it failed, so it's already new. That cost me $1800+ installed. If the LHS goes out, what is the parts cost?
It's really not bad at all. Should take you a couple of hours to do it the first time. Just take the intake, plenum and move wire harness out of the way.

I got my new part from FCP Euro for only $650, and it comes with a lifetime warranty as long as you're the owner of the car.

Old Mon, Feb-13-2017, 01:45:26 PM   #57
W///

In the garage:

Thailand

Took the Z out for its first mountain run yesterday. It was 80F outside (warmest day on record for Feb 12th). Car did really fantastic considering I haven't even done anything apart from spark plugs, fluids and air filter.

Purchased a complete set of used OEM brakes that I'll throw on the car while I rebuild the calipers.

So far, so good!

Old Tue, Feb-14-2017, 02:20:52 PM   #58
W///

In the garage:

Thailand

A few more pics from the mountain run. I had my friend edit these and it sure made a how difference compare to the original pics. I've just recently started playing around with my DSLR.

As you can see, front bumper is looking a little old, so I might consider going Euro bumper in the future. Not to mention the license plate bracket was riveted on. Currently focusing on maintenance though.

You can also see that the brakes look like they've been sitting at the bottom of an ocean, but at least they work good. Not considering BBK at this point, which is more than I can say about the E92 M3's brakes.

Old Tue, Mar-07-2017, 05:37:03 PM   #59
W///

In the garage:

Thailand

Have pictures of the Raggtopp process, but not really easy to see effects. Really easy to use though. I cleaned the top with a general purpose cleaner solution and a boar hair brush. Then 3 coats of Raggtopp. It definitely made the top repel water, and added some depth to the color too.

The car was absolutely covered in swirl marks, but also filthy from me just enjoying driving it too much

Pitted headlights. Tackling that after work today:

Gross taillight cover trim:

After a polish:

Beginning to look respectable:

That's all for now. Doing second round of Blackstone test in 2k miles and brake rotors/pads/lines very soon.

Now E36 rotors are shot, so I'm doing full brake replacement. The list is never ending with these cars, but at least I can park them months at a time