BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Wed, Feb-20-2008, 03:50:52 AM   #1
matl

United States

Default Matl's Journal!... finally

Hey guys, So heres my story. The E46 has been my dream car since its its first appearance 7+ years back, at the time being that i was only 18 it was just a dream and never thought i'd actually be in the possition to have one. All growing up i was a big time honda enthusiast and my every penny used to go into my Integra which i had from the age of 18-23. The later years i just enjoyed driving it but lost interest in modding it further untill i ironically totaled it in a 15mph rear end accident... i figured if it was gonna go it would have been on one of the hundreds of nights out racing around at high speeds lol.
Anyway after loosing the car i parted it out and went onto bigger and better things (m3) or so i thought cause it has taken me 25 months to actually find the one i wanted! In 04 i went to the Orlando exotic auction with a dealer friend in hopes to pick one up, amazingly there was a laguna blue 02 which i had my hopes set on. When it came time to bid i guess my friend "froze" and the car got bought out from under me (for less than i was willing to pay!) Anway i picked up an X-type at a reasonable price to hold me over since i had no car and began to look for another M.
Well i looked and looked and just had no luck, eventually i began to like the AW better than the Laguna and that opened up more options as they are slightly more comomn. So long story short i 6 weeks ago in Jan i found a 05 AW with Imola interior running thorugh up in NJ and won the bid!!! Thats when the fun began... It took 3 weeks to get it transported down due to complications and more complications. Then uppon arrival it was dead, litterally dead. You may have seen my other posts on the issue but i ended up taking it to the dealer where they kept if for 2 more weeks replacing parts with no luck. Ended up it was the EWS module that was fried. So I finally got the car last week having bought it over 5 weeks earlier.
Unfortunately the timing is not so good as i am the type that likes to mod and work is extreemely slow since i work in Real Estate. Whomever owned the car had done some work to it which some i like and some i dont. It has a Eisenmann exhaust which i think sounds nice on the low end but above 4k it seems to be canny and i cant stand that. Also it has an ACS front lip which i think is real and rear diffuser which i might be a replica. I'm not a huge fan of the ACS lip so i took of the splitters off and its cleans it up a bit IMO. I puchased some Iforged Essen 19's from a member on here which came in right as i got the car so i threw those on ASAP! Next on the list is definately suspension which i'm studying up on now. Feels like i've got to learn everything all over again Any suggestions or comments are appraciated (as long as theyre possitive!) haha.

Jump to top matl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Feb-20-2008, 05:45:48 AM   #2
rat3d m
I Got these cheeseburgers

In the garage:

Venezuela

slam that truck man ,streach those tires

F**K the fame i want the money
Jump to top rat3d m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Feb-28-2008, 03:15:34 PM   #3
matl

United States

journey continues

05 AW with Imola interior.

Last edited by matl; Mon, Jun-08-2009 at 02:03:25 AM.
Old Fri, Feb-29-2008, 12:46:31 PM   #4
Night Hawk
Major League Door Kicker

United States

Car looks good, get on the rebound and make it look even better!

Greg

Jump to top Night Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Mar-01-2008, 06:34:04 AM   #5
BMWridin89
///M3 Buisness on the outside speed on the inside.

Palestine

Quote:
Originally Posted by matl View Post
Well back to square one wheels and lip are toast... having a special armored box to surround the DSC button that can only be oppened with key thumbprint and 10digit combination!!!

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...=199315&page=6

06 6MT ZCP
R.I.P Killed by old lady blowing a red light 6/27/08-6/28/09
Jump to top BMWridin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-05-2008, 04:02:59 AM   #6
TiAg
///Maverick

United States

what happened..
Old Mon, May-05-2008, 08:06:35 AM   #7
Van1ty
Pedal pusher

Malaysia

White on gold. Yum...
Jump to top Van1ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-05-2008, 02:40:32 PM   #8
matl

United States

since which i've added GC coilovers, and rear control arms and my VCSL front is on the way!

05 AW with Imola interior.

Last edited by matl; Mon, Jun-08-2009 at 02:04:02 AM.
Old Thu, Jul-15-2010, 09:39:57 AM   #9
pamsmith
Banned

United States

Default Re: Matl's Journal!... finally

Well.......Thats Great Model i like it seriously....its cool.....The Great Designing full of all the comforts....... !!
Old Fri, Jul-16-2010, 03:50:31 AM   #10
jhstealth

United States

looks great! I love gold wheels.
Jump to top jhstealth is offline   Reply With Quote