BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Thu, Jul-16-2009, 04:18:30 PM   #1
hammerfang

United States

Default What's included in the cold weather package

What exactly is included in the cold weather package besides heated seats and the headlight washers? Also, how hard/difficult is it to retrofit heated seats into a car that doesn't have them? I live in NY and the winters can get pretty cold so heated seats are a must for me as is an Imola interior. I have noticed that Imola is relatively rare, especially on TiAG. From my searches I have found a few cars (such as this one http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb) which are the correct color combo but lack heated seats.
Jump to top hammerfang is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Jul-16-2009, 04:24:08 PM   #2
CBS

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfang View Post
What exactly is included in the cold weather package besides heated seats and the headlight washers? Also, how hard/difficult is it to retrofit heated seats into a car that doesn't have them? I live in NY and the winters can get pretty cold so heated seats are a must for me as is an Imola interior. I have noticed that Imola is relatively rare, especially on TiAG. From my searches I have found a few cars (such as this one http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb) which are the correct color combo but lack heated seats.

Just a bit too late...you're looking for my car I sold a bit back! GL with the search, I would not mess with trying to retrofit stuff to make the car you want...just search for it and you'll find it and know that it is all original. Here's some pics for you while you go on your search.
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=258950
Old Thu, Jul-16-2009, 04:44:45 PM   #3
///Mtreezy

United States

Headlight washers come as a part of the cold weather package? I just bought an 04 vert and I was told that there was a cold weather package and I do have heated seats but i dont believe that i have the headlamp washers... is this normal?
Jump to top ///Mtreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jul-16-2009, 04:48:03 PM   #4
250gibson

United States

Cold weather package is heated seats, headlight washers, and ski bag pass through between the rear seats. It is possible to have heated seats without the cold weather package as they can be added as a seperate option.

I would also recomend against retrofiting heated seats. Do some searching and with patience you will come across what you desire
Jump to top 250gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jul-16-2009, 04:49:26 PM   #5
m3 hal

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mtreezy View Post
Headlight washers come as a part of the cold weather package? I just bought an 04 vert and I was told that there was a cold weather package and I do have heated seats but i dont believe that i have the headlamp washers... is this normal?
yes heated seats can be separate

I think cold weather package = heated seats, headlight washers, and ski bag pass through

Last edited by m3 hal; Thu, Jul-16-2009 at 04:49:58 PM. Reason: my pony too slow
Jump to top m3 hal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jul-16-2009, 08:23:21 PM   #6

In the garage:

Ireland

i think the 'premium package' included the heated seats?
if you dont have cold weather or premium package is it still possible to have heated seats?
Jump to top 405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jul-16-2009, 08:39:19 PM   #7
m3 hal

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Lock View Post
if you dont have cold weather or premium package is it still possible to have heated seats?
yesss
Jump to top m3 hal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jul-16-2009, 08:40:24 PM   #8
hammerfang

United States

The premium package definitely did not include heated seats
Jump to top hammerfang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jul-16-2009, 09:38:16 PM   #9

In the garage:

Ireland

sorry to go offtopic
but
what was included in premium package?
Jump to top 405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Jul-17-2009, 12:10:19 AM   #10
Quicksilv3r
Mpractical

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Lock View Post
sorry to go offtopic
but
what was included in premium package?
Someone posted a detailed list somewhere on here not too long ago about what was included in all the available packages, but I cannot seem to find it.

I think it goes something like this...

Cold Weather Pkg = Heated Seats, Ski pass + bag, and heated headlamp washers

Premium Pkg = Nappa Leather, Power Everything, and Glass Moonroof (coupe)

Available Options outside of the above packages = SMGII Transmission, HIDs, 19" wheels (03/02+ build), Harmon Kardon Premium Sound, Rear Sunshade (later coupe models), Satellite Navigation, CD changer, Bluetooth connectivity (later models), Homelink (later models) BMW Assist (later models), and Park Distance Control.

Standard Features= Auto-dim Rearview Mirror, Manual Seats, CD player (Tape deck for early '01 models), 6-Speed Manual Transmission, Steering Wheel Controls, Cruise Control (not avail on ZCP Pkg), On Board Computer, Halogen Headlamps, Fog Lamps, 18" wheels, and couple of other misc items.

Last edited by Quicksilv3r; Sat, Jul-18-2009 at 12:52:13 AM.
Jump to top Quicksilv3r is offline   Reply With Quote