BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Thu, Jul-15-2010, 01:59:43 AM   #11
olgunan

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos///m3 View Post
Damn man sorry to hear about that.. On the flip side, your wheels look good. What color exactly did you get them painted? Powder coated?
No they are painted, not as durable, but not as heavy as powdercoat. I told the guy that I wanted them painted not black, not gunmetal, somewhere in between. So basically they are just really dark gunmetal i guess, nothing specific.

I was going to go Matte Black but i thought there would be too much contrast. I am happy with them though!
Jump to top olgunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Jul-15-2010, 02:48:21 PM   #12
cherry-M3

Your insurance should not go up. Just make sure you tell the ins. company that the car was parked and unattended.
Jump to top cherry-M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jul-15-2010, 02:53:35 PM   #13
BHenderson

In the garage:

United States

No fault insurance. You can claim it at no cost to you (perhaps a reduced deductible). If you're unsure about this, talk to your insurance agent to see.

Spend that $3200+ on something else like a rear subframe reinforcement kit or Vanos bolt replacement (or both).
Jump to top BHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jul-15-2010, 03:01:37 PM   #14
SpdFrk
Dirt Magnet

In the garage:

Viet Nam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos///m3 View Post
Damn man sorry to hear about that.. On the flip side, your wheels look good. What color exactly did you get them painted? Powder coated?
+1

Since you'll be getting a new coat of paint, you might as well "delete" those reflectors and black out the rest (b/w roundels, smoked corners and side markers, even the hood vent could be painted to match). Then we'd be twins.

OEM: ZCP - 6 MT - Bi-Xenon - M-Textured Alcantara/Leather Interior - Alcantara Shift & E-Brake Boots - Alcantara ZHP Shift Knob (Illuminated) - Euro Tray (Short) & First Aid Box - Alarm - iPod Interface - Lock Bolts (5 sets)
Deletes: Sunroof - Armrest - Reflectors - ///M3 emblem (trunk)
Performance: Zeckhausen CDV - Dinan SSK, Exhaust & Stage 2 Software - Macht Schnell Stage 1 Intake & High Performance Panel Filter
Appearance: 32% FormulaOne Ceramic Tint - Aurora LED Angel Eyes - Smoked Depo Corners & Sidemarkers - Painted Keyhole Cover, Hood Grill, Kidney Grills, Side Gills, & Fog Light Rings - Black Roundels - Semi-Gloss Powdercoated ZCP Wheels
Future Mods: OEM Euro Fire Extinguisher - Dinan Stage 3 Suspension
Previous Rides: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250; 1998 Acura Integra GS-R; 1989 Honda Accord DX; 1978 Chevrolet Impala; No-Name Tricycle
Jump to top SpdFrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jul-15-2010, 05:37:12 PM   #15
olgunan

United States

To tell you the truth I was actually thinking of sticking a for sale sign in the window.

The only reason for this is the fact that I am going to be deploying a lot here in the next couple of years and wouldn't really be able to enjoy the car. But that is a lot to think about and I don't know if I could easily give up this car just because of that. But all of those preventative maintainence items did cross my mind!!!

I was also wondering what some of you thought about replacing your own SMG pump. Mine isn't busted yet, but I know that it will be coming down the pike soon enough. I see them for sale pretty cheap, but afraid to by them because I heard its a b*^#@ to bleed them. Any thoughts??
Old Thu, Jul-15-2010, 05:39:59 PM   #16
olgunan

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpdFrk View Post
+1

Since you'll be getting a new coat of paint, you might as well "delete" those reflectors and black out the rest (b/w roundels, smoked corners and side markers, even the hood vent could be painted to match). Then we'd be twins.
I have a buddy that lives in Atlanta, McDonough to be specific. He has a pretty laid out 03 Silver M. But Atlanta is a big city so......
Old Fri, Jul-16-2010, 01:34:42 AM   #17
jhstealth

United States

that really sucks man I hope you get it fixed soon. Wheels look good though.
Jump to top jhstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Jul-16-2010, 01:42:45 AM   #18
m3 guy
Do you even praise the sun?

In the garage:

United States

That sucks, I'm sure the car will be back in business soon. BTW nice color combo

2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal
Jump to top m3 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Jul-16-2010, 01:54:51 AM   #19
RedM3/4

United States

Wheels look good, who did them for you? I need a couple of my ZCPs done, nobody really specializes on wheels down here.
ADS
Jump to top RedM3/4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Jul-16-2010, 11:52:22 AM   #20
olgunan

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedM3/4 View Post
Wheels look good, who did them for you? I need a couple of my ZCPs done, nobody really specializes on wheels down here.
ADS
The guy that did mine owns a shop called the Wheel Doctors. They have a website: http://www.wheeldoctorohio.com/

The owner owns a pretty laid out 335i with a lot of aftermarket goodies on it and he knew how to handle them pretty well. I would recommend him if you don't mind shipping your wheels as I don't know where you are located.