BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Thu, Jan-28-2016, 07:32:01 PM   #201
Kong Sheng Han
Banned

In the garage:

North Korea

Default Kong's 2001 TiAg M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyChitMeng View Post
Sounds so good, I like the combo, sounds deep in the low end
Interesting. I didn't like the sound in the lower RPM range. Much better with the CPI headers, IMO.

Videos from my HPDE event on Jan 9-10. Did much better than my first time, and I got moved up to blue group. Also drove without traction control on track for the first time on the sound day; much much better lol.

I was running Bridgestone RE760s in all these videos. I'm still trying to figure out Dash Ware and couldn't sync the lap times perfectly, so they're posted below each video.

First DE for reference.

My last session with DSC on.

First session of second day. DSC off for the first time. Lost rear end for the first time at track at 6:35. Boxster in front of me goes off at 12:15, I got sucked into its line and could've gone off too. I had a stupid moment at 14:00, luckily nothing bad happened.

Check ride for blue. Third and last session of the day. More severe skid at 3:00, recovery could've been better. Lap 5 was 2:09.33, starts at 11:30.

Autocross at COTA last Saturday, Jan 23. Still trying to figure out how to recover from a spin.

I was able to stay about a second behind a 650S and Exige, so I think I did pretty good.

More photos were taken of my car than the McLaren.

Also traded my front wheels for rears, so my track wheels are squared now. One tire rubbed pretty good on the previous owners car with factory alignment specs.

Last edited by Kong Sheng Han; Thu, Jan-28-2016 at 07:35:57 PM.
Jump to top Kong Sheng Han is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Feb-06-2016, 08:04:28 PM   #202
Kong Sheng Han
Banned

In the garage:

North Korea

Default Kong's 2001 TiAg M3

Free R-comps? Why not? Since they're kinda old, I'm just gonna use them for skid recovery practice. Max I could fit in my car was 6.

The guy had a collection of cars and parts. Drift/track E36 weighing 2600 lbs. Estoril blue and Boston(?) green street E36 M3s, E39 M5, E39 wagon, and three (3) 2002s. So much .

S14 swap

Learned that all my fenders are rolled when I was talking to him lol. Can't believe I didn't realize they were rolled earlier.

Seat shopping time. Went to Winding Road Racing to sit in a few HALO seats to see which one I liked best. They didn't have the Sparco Ergo in stock, but I liked the Turn One Cup Integrale. Same as one of the OMP seats but a lot more comfortable, and it didn't cause blind spots. $599 for seat and ~$880 for seat, side mounts, slider, and floor mounts. A lot cheaper than I was expecting. I'm gonna try out more seats including Sparco Ergo and hopefully make a decision before summer.

https://store.windingroad.com/mobile...ved-p1167.aspx

Last edited by Kong Sheng Han; Sat, Feb-06-2016 at 08:09:15 PM.
Jump to top Kong Sheng Han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jan-02-2019, 05:49:25 AM   #203
SQ13

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Kong's 2001 TiAg M3

I’m gonna pick up where I left off because why the hell not.

Mounting the new tires on squared stock 18x9 wheels. I think this is when I switched to a more aggressive set up of -3.0F and -2.0R camber

Ready for autocross event

Deleted rear seats

Another autox event

Replacing all belts, pulleys, and tensioners. Also did tech inspection and mounted NT01s for first time in preparation for a track event at TWS

Day two of the event. Foggy morning

Perfect weather by noon

Had a tire rubbing issue. -3.2 fixed it

All the stuck tire I pulled out

Adjusting ride height at a buddy’s house. Lowered rear and raised front.

His track weapon

Replacing clutch and brake pedal bushings with UUC delrin pieces.

Last edited by SQ13; Wed, Jan-02-2019 at 05:53:23 AM.
Jump to top SQ13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jan-02-2019, 05:53:02 AM   #204
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

Aren't replacing pedal bushings fun?

Evolve-R Alpha N Evolve CSL CF Airbox Eventuri Scoop Supersprint V1 stepped 2.5" SS V1 S pipes 2.5" + 200 cell HFC OE sect 2 SCZA 2.5" sect 3 Besian RE pullies fan/SAP/washer delete CSL battery

Bilstein HD B6/Eibach 325/600lb + GC "tall" RSMs Hotchkis front sway (med) rear strut bar TMS camber & subframe plates Eibach alu rear camber arms RE trans mounts AKG poly subf/diff 95a SDW RTAB weighted ///M knob + ZHP alcantara boot + UUC DSSR + delrin bushing Mason clutch pedal + brass bushing TMS black pedals delrin brake pedal bushing

OE CSL trunk Sportline 8S 18"x8.5/9.5" MPSS 245/275 APEX 75mm Studs Brembo 996 4 pot 36/40 345mm CSL & 28/30 328mm CSL ZHP "712" rack Pioneer/CDT/Eclipse/Kicker
Jump to top TboneM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jan-02-2019, 06:46:18 AM   #205
SQ13

In the garage:

United States

Another alignment...

Boom. Track ready

At TWS again two weeks later

An interesting mistake

At COTA for the first time ever one week after TWS... I registered the morning of the event. Got a check ride, assigned to a run group, paid registration fees, then went about my day lol

New tires, Nankang NS-2R. Great tires imo

Driving from Austin to Houston at night in heavy rain. What could go wrong? Hit an object or pothole at ~60 MPH. Broke my rear view mirror, a strut brace bracket, bent two wheels, and ****ed up the alignment.

Realigning the car

Wheels repaired

MSRH with NASA. First time on track since the damage to car and since donating bone marrow which took me out for about a month. Picked up a fixed back seat and V-brace from ThunderMoose

Brey Krause seat mount

Seat is too wide. No worries..Winding Road is just a few miles away.

Impromptu seat purchase

NICE

Passenger seat out for weight reduction

At COTA to pick up my rollbar (which I ended up selling) and to pick up my registration packed for my track event the next day.

Passenger seat installed a few hours before event

Attempted my first coolant flush. What a mess

Installing Hotchkis sway bar

Front bumper repainted

Autox with friends

Back at TWS in March 2017

Vibration while braking on drive home. Discovered this

Harris Hill in June 2017. First and last time Ill drive there in the E46

Failed attempt at drifting

Still pissed about this scratch

COTA on a bicycle

///M meet in Austin

Ready for the last TWS PDS event

And one week later, my final event at TWS
With new ARC-8s and NT01s

RIP, my dude

Farewell, TWS

Goodbye 08/20/2017 5:12 PM

COTA one week later

Up next, the death of my E46
Old Wed, Jan-02-2019, 07:03:37 AM   #206
SQ13

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
Aren't replacing pedal bushings fun?

Not bad. Just remove the bracket that both pedals attach to, and the process is much simpler.
Old Wed, Jan-02-2019, 09:17:07 PM   #207
SQ13

In the garage:

United States

So the car was ready to go for COTA, but Harvey caused heavy rains in my area and water levels on roads were too high to get the E46 out of my neighborhood. Rain would not stop, so I was forced to max the car out on jack stands in hopes of saving the car in case it got flooded. Water is just starting to enter the garage in this photo.

A few days later, I was able to get a ride on a military truck to get essentials. Discovered that water has gotten inside the car but could not do anything about it bc I was not allowed to stay (nor did I want to..)

Back at the house about nine days after evacuation. Removed the front carpet and put a dehumidifier inside and kept it running for a week. Did not have time to remove the sound deadening. The car was declared a total loss because it got floodwater inside. Insurance was not willing to fix it.

Ok. Cool (Hook em). I know the car will be fine or can be parted out, so Ill keep the car and take the insurance money. Win for me, loss for you bastards

You can see where the floodwater got to. Luckily most of the wiring was spared.

Next weekend (Sept 16), got the car back on the ground and had it towed to ABR Houston for flood inspection. Kept the battery disconnected bc I did not want to potentially damage the car. Insurance settlement still not completed bc POS geico put together a fraudulent valuation report. I was coming back to Katy from Austin every weekend for a while, while taking a bunch of difficult college courses. What a PITA

Picked up this 1999 E36 M3 with 97k miles on it on Sept 28

Drove the car back to Austin next morning to go to class. Got a call later that morning that the E46 is ready, so I drove back to Houston that day to pick it up. Changed motor, trans, and diff fluids; lubricated brakes; cleaned electrical connectors. Car runs great, felt like a racecar after having driven a rental car for about a month. So now Im driving this totaled car thats value has still not been settled.

It was showing signs of starter failure, so I ordered a new one and left it parked in the garage while I went back to Austin in the E36

Fourteen days after buying my E36, a retarded sorority girl in her stupid tiguan backed into my E36 and totaled it...in a ****ing parking garage.

Drive it home so I can bring the E46 back to Austin for DD use. Before I do that, I have to replace the starter. I was in a rush to get back to Austin and did not think to clean the ICV and ITBs, which I later regretted

Back in Austin. Doing another alignment after making some spring and ride height changes

New eBay diffuser

At the 24h Series race at COTA. Picked up a set of scrubs for free.

Fuel pump is going out. Good thing I had a new OE unit sitting in the trunk

Installing the CSL diffuser. Not happy with fitment but whatever

Love the more aggressive look

Tire hoarder

Cleaning the dirty stock wheels

12/16/2017
First track event since flooding. Car ran great. Installed AKG 75D trans mounts before the event, and they introduced terrible NVH

Cracked a fog light so I went ahead and deleted them

LED interior and license plate lights

Looks like the LEDs are brighter, but they really arent

I could still smell floodwater inside the car, so I had a feeling it was coming from the sound deadening, which looked filthy. Had time to remove it and so I did. Discovered a little bit of floodwater underneath. I was surprised how much all that sound deadening weighed.

Took this photo later that day. I think I replaced the rear pads

Thats it for 2017. Going from a street/track car that was very compliant for primary use, to transforming into a dedicated track car.
Old Tue, Jan-15-2019, 04:49:58 PM   #208
SQ13

In the garage:

United States

I had been eyeing the RTD shifter and an Alcantara wheel for a while, and I finally decided to pull the trigger in Jan. The shifter is a custom V1 model that will accept a BMW golf ball shift knob. Took a few weeks to produce, and I was able to install it with the help of a friend two days before a DE at COTA. I should have gone with black alcantara..cant do anything about it now.

Alignment after installing Turner monoball RTABs, FCABs, and RSMs, then off to a buddys house to install the shifter

One last thing I needed to do was install a new oil temp sensor. I did this the evening before the event, bad idea. Turns out that ABR overtightened the oil drain plug, causing the oil pan to strip when I removed the plug. I was not able to tighten the plug anymore, so the leak would prevent me from tracking my car.

Sitting overnight

So in the morning, I went ahead and drove to COTA, picking up a spare E36 drain plug that my friend had on my way there. Get to COTA, unpack, attend drivers meeting, then get to work to see if the E36 plug will work. Luckily it did and all I missed was the 30 min warm up session.

Boom. Done

Car ran great aside from the brake issue Id been chasing for over a year (soft pedal for about 1). My new Federal FZ-201 tires lost half their tread at the end of the day.

Old Thu, Jan-17-2019, 02:01:09 AM   #209
M3 dude

Australia

soft pedal? could be the MC on its way out, or the rubber guide bushings on the calipers flexing, and wearing the pad unevenly.
Jump to top M3 dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-19-2019, 06:30:56 AM   #210
SQ13

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 dude View Post
soft pedal? could be the MC on its way out, or the rubber guide bushings on the calipers flexing, and wearing the pad unevenly.
Actually, it was neither of those. I had solid caliper guides at the time..no help. Several brake flushes and bleeds..no help. Ended up replacing front calipers, rotors, bleeding, driving a couple hundred miles, then bleeding again. Now its good.